Subway tile is an iconic bathroom style that has stood the test of time. An iconic design like this deserves to be in more bathrooms than ever before. You can always contact bathroom remodelers to help you with themes.
First, these ten subway tile bathroom ideas are worth a look, from traditional white subway tiles with shiny ceramic or glass accents to charming subway tiles in bold colors and lots of character.
The traditional white subway tiles make this simple shower an instant bathroom classic. Shiny chrome accessories and fixtures compliment the clean white palette perfectly.
Subway tiles in three different shades of gray are paired with white accents, creating a brushed stone look that is both modern and timeless.
Yellow subway tiles are an unexpected twist since yellow is typically used as an accent color in the kitchen. The bright yellow matches vintage lighting fixtures, creating a welcoming space for guests to enjoy.
Take a traditional subway tile bathroom up a notch by adding mosaic tiles, which are available in so many colors and patterns that the possibilities are endless. This colorful look creates visual interest without making too much of a statement.
Add style and function to your subway tile bathroom shower with an armoire-style shelf. This stylish solution is convenient and versatile, fitting easily in many different bathrooms.
The same white subway tiles used on the walls are also featured behind this modern vanity. The clean lines of this subway tile bathroom are both relaxed and contemporary.
A classic white subway tile floor looks crisp and clean, adding sophistication to this otherwise simple bath space. A large picture window that floods the room with light allows guests to enjoy natural light while in the shower or tub.
Take a classic subway tile bathroom into modern territory by pairing white subway tiles with sleek ceramic flooring. The warm wood vanity is the perfect accent for this excellent, clean space.
This colorful but minimal subway tile bathroom is playful and sophisticated, giving guests a welcome surprise when they step into the bath space.
This classic subway tile bathroom features a mix of porcelain mosaic tiles on the floor and the wall, creating visual interest without taking away from the timelessness of white subway tiles.
As you can see, there are lots of different ways to create a subway tile bathroom that is unique, inspiring, and perfect for you.
Whether you’re inspired by white subway tiles with chrome accents or prefer the more playful look of yellow subway tiles with mosaic accents, these ten subway tile bathroom ideas are sure to inspire your next bathroom renovation.
Before you start looking at subway tiles, you’ll want to think about some of the critical design elements that will shape your new bathroom. Use these tips to create an attractive space that’s both comfortable and practical:
- Consider whether or not you want a stand-alone bathtub in your bathroom or if a shower stall will be a better fit. If you want a stand-alone bathtub, consider whether you wish to have a flat edge or one that’s curved. In case you want a shower stall, consider installing wet room shower trays in the shower area to assure proper water drainage.
- Think about the size of your bathroom and how many people will likely be using it. Subway tiles look great in both large and small bathrooms, but you’ll want to figure out what size will look best in your space.
- Look at the type of lighting you would like in the room. Subway tiles work well in bathrooms that have lots of windows, but if natural light can’t reach this area, then you’ll want to switch your lighting situation up a bit.
- Before installing new tiles, ensure that the plumbing such as pipes and water fixtures are repaired or replaced. By hiring a plumber, you can take care of tasks such as pipe relining, blocked drainage, pipe leaks, etc., which later can cause damage to your newly installed tiles.
It would help if you also considered whether or not you want your tiles to have a glossy finish or a matte one. If you choose glossy, you might have to pay close attention to ensure it doesn’t get scratched up over time.
There are many advantages to choosing subway tiles for your bathroom, including that they are effortless to clean and maintain.
Subway tiles look great in traditional bathrooms; however, you can use them to create trendy, modern looks too. Subway tiles come in lots of different colors and sizes, giving you plenty of options when you’re designing your new bathroom.
Another advantage to subway tiles is that they work well with many different styles. No matter what type of bathroom you want to create, there are subway tiles for your bath space. Try and ask your local bathroom remodeling experts for more details.
Choosing subway tiles for your bathroom can be a good idea if you’re working within a budget, as these types of tiling are less expensive than porcelain or marble tiles.
- Subway tiles tend to be very durable, making them a fantastic choice if you have small children using the bathroom often.
- In addition, subway tiles are water-resistant and easy to clean. They’re perfect for bathrooms since people spend lots of time showering and bathing in these rooms! If you have a subway tile bathroom, you’ll find that it’s straightforward to keep clean.
- Subway tiles are also incredibly versatile, perfect for contemporary bathrooms, modern bathrooms, country bathrooms, and cottage-style bathrooms. You can create just about any look with these timeless tiling options.
- Subway tiles come in many different shapes and sizes, including long tiles, square tiles, hexagonal tiles, rectangular tiles, mosaic tiles, and more.
- Square subway tiling looks excellent in many different types of bathrooms because the square edges complement many different styles. If you have no sense of style or aesthetic, then you should talk to an atlanta general contractor about deciding if subway tiling works for your bathroom.
That is why you’ll often see square subway tiling featured in both country-style bathrooms as well as modern homes.
Subway tiles require precise installation, and many people don’t have the time or the skills needed to get this job done correctly. If you’re not careful, it can be easy for subway tiles to start showing cracks over time, which doesn’t exactly leave a great impression.
Most people will want to take the time to do their research before hiring a professional, which can help you choose the very best company for your bathroom remodel plan.
Watch out for companies that are pushy or that don’t provide detailed quotes; both of these things are red flags that should tell you it’s time to look elsewhere.
Talk to friends and family members to see if they can recommend a company. See what online reviews have to say about your town’s various bathroom remodeling companies.
Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions, such as how long the subway tile installation process will take, what type of warranty is offered with the work, how long it’s been since the professionals completed similar work, and so on.