For cheese lovers, having the option of buying organically produced dairy products is another great prospect. The main premise of producing food organically is the elimination of antibiotics, hormones, and pesticides. Cows that are fed with organic grass produce the milk used in making organic cheese. In addition to this, natural microbes and enzymes are used in the production which make it a healthier choice and safe for lacto-vegetarians.
Buying organic cheese is not merely a fad. In fact, because natural ingredients are used, organic cheese is known to have better quality and the taste is far superior to traditionally produced cheese. There are a number of farms across the UK producing some of the best organic cheeses, like Godminster British Farm Shop. Aside from the taste, there are other benefits to buying organic, here are a few of the advantages which may convince you to try organic dairy produce.
Organic cheese has all the goodness you can derive from dairy such as calcium and protein. But in addition to this, organic cheese is found to have better nutritional value because the cows are fed with natural pasture grass. These are some of the nutritional advantages of organic cheese:
- Reduced chemical residue. Regular cheese is produced with milk tainted with antibiotics and hormones. Research has shown that these chemicals are harmful to the health and can be directly attributed to certain health conditions.
- Higher level of antioxidants. Organic cheese has higher levels of Vitamin E, beta-carotene, and antioxidants. These helpful substances fight free radicals and prevent the formation of cancer cells as well as heart disease.
The health benefits of organic cheese should be enough reason to choose it over regular cheese available in the market today.
Promoting better animal welfare
Another reason why many farmers are promoting the production of organic food is to practice a more humane treatment of animals. When animals are raised on an organic farm, they live a healthier normal life, where they are fed natural food and live in natural conditions. These animals are less likely to get sick or need any artificial medical intervention.
Helping the environment
Since organic farms don’t use chemicals or pesticides, they are also able to help and prevent environmental degradation. Using organic fertiliser can increase production while maintaining the richness of the soil.
Identifying organic cheese
Identifying organic produce over regular produce is not as complicated as one might think. In the UK, labelling organic products is mandated by the government. For an organic cheese to be certified, it has to have at least 95% organically produced raw or processed agricultural product. If you are in doubt about the product you are buying, check the label and make sure that it has the proper certification from OFF and SOPA.
You can find organic cheese and dairy products in specialty cheese shops, farmers markets, grocery stores, delis, and even from online suppliers. Buying organic is definitely not just a fad, but it is a known fact that organic is better for your health and also better for the environment.
- Need to target your website’s advertising? A guide to the patient attraction system - 5th February 2021
- What is orthodontic treatment? - 28th January 2021
- Correlation between dental aesthetics and confidence is clear - 6th January 2021