If you’ve avoided the task of maintaining your property’s drainage network for some time now, you’re probably going to begin experiencing a host of issues sooner rather than later:
- Backed up drainage systems and clogged pipework encourage a vast array of bacteria to proliferate and thrive, including everything from salmonella and campylobacter jejuni all the way to E. coli and even staphylococcus.
- If you fail to schedule a professional check-up at least once a year, you won’t be able to ascertain whether any tree roots or subterranean obstructions are causing a sewage backup, which will force you to spend inordinate amounts of money on meagre commercial products that don’t address the crux of the issue.
- Drainage issues have a way of exacerbating with the passage of time, which means that a partial clog can eventually turn into a full-blown flood if left unattended – early detection is key.
- If your sewer lines become congested or blocked, you’ll begin to notice rancid smells seeping into your home through the floor drains – this stems from wastewater, sewage, and other revolting elements.
- Corroded or collapsed pipes can incite the development of mould and mildew, not to mention the fact that they’ll eventually begin to rot and degrade the structural framework of your property.
If you’ve noticed any of these issues or simply wish to schedule a preventative check-up, the onus is on you to partner with a reputable, versatile team of drainage experts in your area.
So if you’re ready to schedule a professional drain unblocking service in Ashford, for instance, feel free to use this brief exposé as a step-by-step guide to finding the perfect drainage firm.
Step One – Focus on the Experience
From the very beginning, you’ll want to ensure that your drainage company of choice can tout a long-standing track record of providing top-notch services within the local community, which should include the following:
- At least 15 years of experience within the industry
- Commercial and residential drainage specialty
- Upwards of 2,000 successful jobs completed per year
- Fully insured up to £10 million
- Professionally licensed technicians
Step Two – Ensure a Far-Reaching Suite of Services
Even if you’re only trying to rectify a simple blockage or slow-draining toilet, it’s still in your best interests to partner with a firm that can serve as a comprehensive one-stop-shop for all of your future drainage needs, especially if your primary focus is to establish a long-term relationship with a single service provider. Shown below is the ideal suite of services in this nuanced niche:
- High-pressure water jetting
- Excavation and relining services
- Septic tank removals
- Drain descaling and cleaning
- Drain root removals
- Blocked pipe repairs for sinks, toilets, baths, and gulleys
- CCTV drainage surveys
Step Three – Look for an Affordable and Accessible Service
Last but not least, you’ll have to ensure that your drainage company can put forth a cost-effective, hassle-free service from beginning to end, which should include the following:
- Free quotes and onsite evaluations
- Free emergency assessments
- No callout charges until services are rendered
- Fixed rate on all quotations (you never pay more than the initial quote)
- 24/7/365 on-call availability